Sunday, November 27, 2016

Now Watch Me Arabic (Arabic Week 20)

I'm excited to announce I've made some real Arabic progress! This past week I was able to work with somebody from the Middle East to help get a better understanding of how to approach the language. So far I have learned more in the past week than I felt I have in nearly five months of studying.

For starters, I now have a better understanding of verbs. Verbs start with a root word that can be expanded out to form different words for each person. This has helped A LOT as I can then take any verb and hopefully format it to work with any word I want. This helped in realizing how you say, "How are you?"

Last week I was able to distinguish between "my book" and "this book". During the past week I have been able to expand on that and learn more ways of saying possession of a noun. This has been a really good starting block for a lot more to come.

Having an understanding of the alphabet has helped quite a bit. This was especially helpful when new words were presented and I was able to help distinguish between a few letters that may sound the same but look different. I've been able to write out most of the stuff that I've learned.
Look at all the things I can write!
I'm quite happy with this past week. Although a lot of the stuff I have learned is more shaky than what I have been learning, I feel that it is pushing me in the correct direction. I feel that I have a better foundation to build off of with what I've been learning over the past week. My hope is that this confidence can help keep me both motivated and pushing myself every day from here forward.

Overall this week's post is short. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that has me optimistic. This week my video is literally going to be me just rehearsing phrases and words that I've learned most recently. It likely won't make sense but I hope you can feel more confidence being shown, maybe not from the presentation of what I say but in the fearlessness that what I'm saying is closer to correct.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment