Sunday, April 30, 2017

Another Post, Another Talk About Dogs

So if you know me quite well, you are not surprised to know that I have a dog. He is wonderful. I make to let everybody know.

Why am I mentioning this? When I go about learning words, I learn the words that apply to me. I need to know phrases that I will likely use because......I plan to use them. Being as I don't have a cat, the need to talk about cats isn't as high on my priority. This is likely why you hear me mention "kelbi" nearly every video, because that is "my dog".
Look at how tired they are though! You may not know this, but I really like my dog.
I learned very quickly how to say "engineer" not because it is an easy word to say, but because I need to be able to say it. This means I learn it much sooner than would typically be taught, but I also will be using it more than the average learner would.
Hesitated in writing the translations in Arabic and instead just used the phonetic versions.
Anyways, I'll keep this short. I started writing out some sentences and seeing how well I could translate them before having to look up words and I was pleasantly surprised. I've gotten very good in the past few weeks at saying "to swim" (which coincidentally is how long I have been swimming again).

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment